PR and Communications Manager
We are now seeking to hire a PR & Communications Manager in a full-time capacity. The ideal candidate will have proven financial PR experience and will ideally be educated to a degree level or equivalent. The candidate should have an understanding of the consumer financial landscape and should have experience producing social media and content-driven communications to key financial, lifestyle and national/regional press. Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 a year DOE
- Exemplary English language skills and experience in working effectively with all internal stakeholders and external agencies. Agency and budgetary management experience is a pre-requisite.
- Self-motivated and pragmatic with a high level of initiative and drive to succeed.
- Proficient at planning and organising your workload effectively to meet required deadlines.
- Leadership skills: You should be an expert in PR and social media and be able to select and manage external writers and contract journalists.
- Act as press spokesperson and manage press evaluation and monitoring.
- Project management skills to manage all press and social events and internal communications.
- Be able to implement and measure all activities to directly support business objectives, and report upon them.
- Be able to approve related press releases, curate content, supporting documents and editorials with key stakeholders for specific events, ensuring that these documents are accurate, factual, delivered on time and within compliance to ensure accuracy and approval is obtained, blogger outreach,
- Be able to successfully manage campaigns, press and social activities, and content events and launches.
- Be customer focussed in order to be able to understand customers' needs and how to exceed their expectations.
- Excellent grasp of social media strategies as well as excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Professional experience in PR, communications, journalism, ideally in financial B2C in-house role.
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Financial literacy and a good knowledge of business news and current affairs
- Minimum 2.2 undergraduate degree
- MS Excel pivot table demon.
- Working knowledge of JIRA and/or Confluence is desirable
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Desire to build a career in financial or corporate PR
- Experience in media relations and a network of contacts
- Experience in managing social media channels – particularly a Facebook fiend
- Experience with media monitoring, mass mailing and CRM software
- Additional spoken languages
- Marketing Communications: 3 years
If this sounds right for you, please get in touch by sending your CV and a 250-300 word covering letter. We regret that we may not be able to provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.